In my quest for the perfect post-partum and anti-aging skincare routine, I made a pit stop: SK-II. This Japanese skincare line has a cult following and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Drum roll…
(1) SK-II Treatment Cleanser–This is truly an anti-aging cleanser (no ifs, ands, or buts). The Pitera (SK-II’s power ingredient) immediately firms and treats fine lines. The slight tingling reaffirms this. Great for those with normal or dry skin.
(2) SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion–Great toner for most skin types. The Pitera (in all SK-II products) treats fine lines and spots while the lactic acid exfoliates and sloughs off dead skin cells. Of the entire line, this is my favorite.
(3) SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion–This can be used as a toner and/or a mask (by itself or via a cloth sheet mask). SK-II Cellumination products are designed to brighten skin tone and diminish spots. The product definitely brightened my skin tone after a few uses but didn’t appear to have any other benefits. Best for those with normal or dry skin.
(4) SK-II Facial Treatment Essence–This serum is what put the brand on the map. With the most concentration of Pitera of all SK-II products, the serum attacks lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone with just a few swipes of a cotton ball. Wonderful for those with normal or dry skin.
(5) SK-II Essential Power Eye Cream–If your skin is normal or dry and you can only buy one eye cream, this is it. Armed with Pitera, this cream firms, tightens, treats, and moisturizes–it’s an all-in-one.
All in all, SK-II is a fantastic anti-aging line and is best for those with normal to dry skin. Unfortunately, I have oily skin during the spring and summer months and combination skin during the fall and winter months. If you’re acne-prone like I am, the Pitera (and perhaps all the acidity in the line) will likely exacerbate pimples and blackheads.
And so my search continues…